All road vehicles registered outside the Member States of the European Union (EU), another country-party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA) or the Swiss Confederation are subject to individual approval in order to establish their compliance with the technical requirements of the applicable regulatory acts.
A non-conformance is considered to be:
- any measured/read value which does not correspond to the values given by the manufacturer’s factory up to the year of production of the vehicle, and
- any deviation from the technical requirements established during the verification of the individual components.
In case individual components (for example, lighting and light-signalling devices, bumpers, trunks, couplings, tanks, rear-view mirrors, tires, safety belts, etc.) are non-conforming to the technical requirements, the owner of the vehicle should ensure their replaced by components of an approved type.
The following documents should be submitted during the inspection:
- Registration card issued by the country from which the vehicle was imported (in original) and
- Customs declaration of paid customs duty.
The inspections are carried out on the basis of:
- Ordinance No I-45/2000 of the Ministry of Interior – on the registration, reporting, mobilisation and immobilisation of road vehicles and trailers towed by them and the procedure for providing data on registered road vehicles;
- Ordinance No H-3/2013 of the MTITC – on the alteration of the construction of registered road vehicles and individual approval of road vehicles registered outside the Member States of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area;
- Ordinance No 60/2009 of the MTITC on the approval of the type of new motor vehicles and their trailers;
- Ordinance No 117 to 130 of the MTITC on the approval of the type of new motor vehicles of category L and their systems, components, separate technical units;
- EU Regulation No 168/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 January 2013 on the approval and market surveillance of two-, three- and four-wheel vehicles and Regulations on its amendments;
- UNECE rules